vendredi 19 mai 2017

Small church pastor rips big time evangelist to shreds

An old high school classmate, who is now a minister shared this on facebook:
http://ift.tt/2qzG23E
It's an open letter from a small church paster to Franklin Graham, one of the big-time TV evangelists. This paragraph is just a sample.
Quote:

I have to say, though, that I was a little confused by your summons. Of all the things that worry me, loss of religious freedom for Christians in America isn’t one of them. I can’t say I have ever experienced anything in this country that could reasonably be called a restriction on my religious liberty, much less persecution. When you started talking about attacks on Christianity, I thought you might have been referring to the racially motivated slaying of pastors and lay people at Mother Emmanuel church in Charlotte some time back. Or I figured you were referring to the slaughter of Coptic Christians in Egypt this past Palm Sunday. That’s what I call persecution. But having to pay a judgment for refusing to bake a cake for a same sex couple in violation of the law against discrimination? This you call persecution?
I recommend reading the entire letter.

I might have still believed in god if this guy was my pastor when I was young.


via International Skeptics Forum http://ift.tt/2q4l6hS

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire