mardi 11 mai 2021

Youtube : "Click here"

Ok, I'm been going all over the interwebs trying every variation of wording I can think of to describe the issue, but completely different answers keep coming up. I don't know if it's a problem, or just bad youtube video design. I'm leaning towards the latter.

So, here it is: when you're watching a video on youtube, and they announce 'click here' : I click 'there' and the video just pauses. I'm not sent to another video, or location, or anything. The video just pauses. If I click again, it just plays.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KH9Lcs534EI
(this is not the normal link I use for this, but it's a simple link; the normal link I use is one that has all the episodes in order of release; that link has autoplay on, so at the end of the video, it auto-plays the next video in the list)

Go to 4:54. "You click here and check that special out."

Well, give it a try. Does anything happen besides pausing the video? There's an "i" in a circle in the upper right, but if you click that, it'll just give you the option to watch the entire series from the get-go. (Excellent series by the way)

(the ONLY thing I can think of, is that if auto-play is not on, and the video actually finishes, then you're given a series of youtube videos in little boxes inside the video that you can click on. When I ran this in Firefox, using the link above, I got 6 boxes, and the ability to go left or right for more. So I'm wondering: is that what's he pointing to for 'click here'? Doesn't mesh up.)


via International Skeptics Forum https://ift.tt/33N7lul

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire