mardi 25 mai 2021

Kansas woman convenes her own Grand Jury using old state law

This is a terrible, yet interesting story. According to Smith she was having consensual sex with a friend, and it turned into an assault. Per the article:

Quote:

Madison Smith, 22, collected the hundreds of signatures necessary to empanel the grand jury after the county prosecutor resolved the case by allowing Jared Stolzenburg to plead guilty to aggravated battery and receive two years’ probation.
I don't have much of a desire to discuss the rape aspect, because if she feels she was raped I'm certainly not the one to tell her different. I do find it interesting that she was able to use an extremely old law to begin a path for getting, what she feels, is justice. Something I didn't know:

Quote:

Kansas is one of six states that allow citizens to petition for grand juries.
I wonder if those other states will have some women seeing this and thinking to themselves, "maybe that's something I should try." It would be good to see more options for women that get assaulted. I truly believe the laws aren't as current as they could be.


via International Skeptics Forum https://ift.tt/3wz6Xvw

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire