vendredi 7 mai 2021

Are there atheists in hell?

Karen and I were driving on US11 west of Knoxville today. I noticed a lady pull up to a church sign at the Church of Niota, and thought the sign read “THERE ARE NO ATHEISTS IN HELL”. Seemed an odd thing to put on a church sign. We turned around to verify that’s what I had seen, but by the time we got back to the sign it was blank.

At first blush, as an atheist that seems to be good news. I looked up the phrase on Google, and it’s apparently a “thing”. And a thing with a variety of interpretations. One was if one was an atheist upon their demise, they then met Jesus and believed, but too late. John 3:16 or some such. So, they’d go to hell alright, just not as an atheist.

I was amused when a supposedly informed person on Quora or whatever began his post with “Logic tells us…”. This link is not that, but gives you an idea of the “logic” behind the assertion: https://www.christianpost.com/news/a...sin-death.html

Might be old hat, but this whole concept is new to me.


via International Skeptics Forum https://ift.tt/2QUtlk9

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire