mardi 18 mai 2021

2022 Senate Race

It looks like Val Demings is going to try her hand at beating out Rubio. I think this will be an extremely good matchup. Demings was an LEO, she's got a solid reputation in the House, and I think has a real chance at ousting Rubio.

Per Politico:

Quote:

Demings, 64, was first elected to the House in 2016 from Orlando and held the distinction of being the city’s first Black woman police chief. She rose to national prominence as the only non-lawyer on the first House impeachment committee to charge President Donald Trump with wrongdoing. As a Black woman and law enforcement officer, her background made her uniquely situated to be a national Democratic spokesperson for policing and race issues — it helped catapult her to President Joe Biden’s shortlist as a possible running mate in 2020.
I guess I didn't check to see if there was another Senate thread. I haven't looked into any of the other announcements really since it's still pretty early. Like...a year and a half away but that's US politics for ya! It's not 100% for sure since she's eyeing up the Governor seat as well. I hope she goes Senate myself and actually really liked her as the possible VP pick.


via International Skeptics Forum https://ift.tt/3byUArk

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire