mercredi 19 septembre 2018

Who is winning the "Is the Telekinesis Real?" Thread?

There's a thread that has a good deal of, er, grandstanding in it. Some posters are trying to make it a popularity contest of who has the most supporters while asserting that THEY have the most supporters. At one point the following post was made:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cosmic Yak (Post 12434489)
Any of these "independents" care to step forward? I have stayed out of this discussion because statistics is not my field. However, I can see quite clearly who knows what they're talking about, and who doesn't.
Jay Utah's reputation? Holding steady, or even rising, given the extraordinary patience he is displaying as well as his obvious expertise.
Buddha's reputation? The Hindenberg is the image that springs to mind.


This may not work out the way you want it to. :D

If you're that confident, why not start a poll?

Bolding mine.

To answer this challenge, I've created the requested poll. In order to avoid the appearance of favoritism, I've listed the usernames alphabetically.

The candidate list is nowhere near exhaustive. I've just eyeballed the usernames behind some of the recent posts.

(Yes, I know that theprestige should come after The Hindenburg in an alphabetical listing, but theprestige is an actual username while The Hindenburg is a no confidence vote that goes with "Other." I decided group the real people together.)


via International Skeptics Forum https://ift.tt/2DdB7xQ

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire