mardi 11 septembre 2018

Facebook emails

I just got an unsoliceted email from an Instagram account I'd never heard of, which was in Arabic. Following my email client's "Unsubscribe" link, I get taken to Facebook, where I'm greeted with the following message:

Quote:

From time to time, people may send emails to you through Facebook. Examples include when they invite you to an event, tag you in a photo or add you as a friend. If you continue, you'll no longer receive any of these emails. Also, Facebook will no longer use your email address to generate friend suggestions for you and others. We'll still keep a secure record of your email address so we can make sure you don't receive these emails.

Do you want to stop receiving these notifications at [Email address]?

[x] Stop receiving emails from friends through Facebook
The thing is, I don't have a Facebook account, and I never have. I also don't have an Instagram account, and I never have. I also use various script blockers and the like which should prevent anything Facebook related from running on any webpage even if it's embedded in it, and I don't follow links to Facebook.

All my googling turns up is pages talking about how to deactivate your Facebook account or how to stop receiving these emails from Facebook - all of which assume that you have an account. Absolutely nothing about receiving emails from Facebook if you don't have an account.

Anybody else ever encountered this, or similar?


via International Skeptics Forum https://ift.tt/2CFGDJf

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire