vendredi 14 septembre 2018

What were you 'raised' to believe?

I was 'raised' in a 900 square foot home on small farm, with a brother, a half brother, an adopted sister, three foster kids, and a mom and dad.

I was told that Numerology, water well witching, Astrology, Leprechauns, Fairy's, Palm Reading, God, Spirits, Ghosts, Ouija Boards (we sent untold HOURS on that) and legends and ******** of all kind were 100% FACT, true, and to be honoured, and believed.

As a grade schooler I was belittled, shamed and beaten, for standing up for my mom's beliefs.

I started realizing my mother was insane when I was about 12 years old (finally found out Santa was fake) , and when I could out think, out smart and out debate her as a daily routine, I stated to what we would callow think critically.

It took me 4 or 5 more years to realize that none of these items were scientific .. Start Trek the original series TV Show .. really helped .. I learned a lot from that show :)

How were you raised?


via International Skeptics Forum https://ift.tt/2QvDYok

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire