mardi 18 septembre 2018

The cloud, iPhones and backing up data

First of all, if I am not a complete idiot will I be able to transfer the data from my iPhone 5 to my iPhone 8? A brief check online recommended I start by backing everything from the iPhone to the cloud. Although the articles I found didn't really deal with the iPhone 5, I did find tutorials involving iPhones 6 and 7.

Secondly, do people here trust "the cloud" in general?

Thirdly, I wonder if all this could be done by transferring files to a MacBook, then squirting it back into the phone.

Last time I got a new phone was 5.5 years ago and the folks at Verizon did the transfer for me. They say they don't do that anymore and that I have to go to an Apple store ... which I'd really like to avoid. So I'm just wondering if there are decent tutorials that can walk me through the process.


via International Skeptics Forum https://ift.tt/2MLfoN0

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire