vendredi 30 avril 2021

Florida about to ban "deplatforming"

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/pol...orming-rcna784

Basically, the Florida legislature just passed a bill that would make it illegal for social media platforms to ban a political candidate.


I know that this thread will cover lots of ground, including the merits of banning some specific political candidates and office holders that have been banned recently, but I, personally, am not all that interested in that question.

I'm interested in the constitutional angle.

It sure seems like regulation of the press to me. I can't really see it any other way.


On the other hand, if Twitter wants to be "the press", maybe they have to abide by content regulation (read: libel laws). Social media platforms have been arguing that they are not responsible for user generated content. Maybe this is some sort of ploy to back google and Twitter into a corner on that issue.

It just seems rather blatantly unconstitutional. I wonder what supporters of the bill would say on the subject.


via International Skeptics Forum https://ift.tt/3eHGCEp

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire