samedi 17 avril 2021

Questions about GPS and a lost iPhone

This is more a community topic but it's a tech question too. I mislaid my phone again. I think I also turned the sound way down while playing a game, using the volume buttons on the side, which I fear turns down the ringer as well because when I call from the land line I don't hear ringing.

Well, as always my phone seems to know right where it is, though on the cloud locater on my laptop twitches a little bit now and then, but it's generally registering as either just inside or just outside my apartment or the apartment next door. This morning it abruptly seemed to move about 30-40 feet west of my apartment wall, but a search there turned up nothing and all other times it's been hugging the wall.

My technical question is: Could it be somewhere else entirely? I lost it yesterday, and I hate not having my phone, but if I know it must be around somewhere I'll keep looking inside and out until the signal fades. I'm not sure how much precision to expect but in the past it has been very reliable. I am pretty sure GPS is involved but I could even be wrong about that.


via International Skeptics Forum https://ift.tt/2P45UUw

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire