vendredi 16 avril 2021

Renewing your concealed carry permit while Black

Cleveland man denied concealed carry permit renewal after deputies watched a music video he appeared in 3 years ago (video)


Quote:

CLEVELAND, Ohio (WOIO) - Lamont Gist tried to renew his concealed carry permit just out of the city, at a less crowded sheriff’s office with open appointments.

Gist started recording his visit to the Portage County Sheriff’s Department because he couldn’t believe he was being denied a CCW renewal.

“I got my social; I got both my IDs right here, how can you not establish my identity? You’re not explaining to me why.,” he said to deputies in the cell phone footage.
Quote:

When deputies denied him the permit, one of them held up a picture from a music video Gist was in that had been posted to YouTube in 2018.

“What does that have to do with my CCW,” Gist asked.

The deputy replied, saying, “a picture says a thousand words.”

Gist and his bother appear to be sitting at a table with marijuana and tequila.

“I told them I’m a Cleveland rapper. I told them it was props in the video,” Gist said.
Quote:

Gist says he never got an explanation on the day he was denied, and he never received one in writing-- which is required by state law.
However, he went to another county and...

Quote:

However, Gist took A quicker route, getting the renewal in Ashland County instead, after deputies tell us they encouraged him to go elsewhere.

When we asked him about whether the experience differed in Ashland County, he said, “Very different, totally different. It was a 10-minute process there. She scanned my ID, fingerprinted me, took my money and my application and said she was going to call me when my id was ready.”
Of course, the Portage County Sheriff’s Department has refused to comment or answer questions.


via International Skeptics Forum https://ift.tt/3ahSEmi

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire