mercredi 28 avril 2021

Damn You Chrome!

There is always the chance that a Windows update borked something, but why would it mess with Chrome?


What a joy to launch Chrome this morning and find all my bookmarks gone..
Easily a thousand, or more, as well as the cookies that help me log into frequently used sites.

I don't know why this is my browser of choice, but I have gotten use to it and it seems to work well with several Google email accounts..

Googling turned up no simple recovery procedures that worked..

I realized with the frequent back-ups of my system, my Chrome user data from my last back-up should help..

Replaced the current data folder with the old one, and all is good now.


What browsers do you use, and why might they help me avoid this in the future?


via International Skeptics Forum https://ift.tt/3eIGV1T

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire