mercredi 7 avril 2021

The Right to Not Be At Work

As an introduction to this thread, I'll link to this First Dog on the Moon cartoon. It's a safe link to the Guardian news service, and a single-page political satire:

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...-is-ridiculous

As is the case for most political satirists, First Dog has a good point. It is increasingly expected for people to be available for work purposes when they are not actually at work. In my own organisation, we provide 24/7 on call services, though we state that it is for urgent purposes only and they get Christmas off, because something something Christianity something. However, it is only one person and I believe that they get paid extra.

Personally, I do not want to have a job where I was expected to be available when I was at home relaxing. What's your opinion? Are you on call? Do you get paid extra for being on call?


via International Skeptics Forum https://ift.tt/3dIwhrm

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire