lundi 19 avril 2021

Cape Town - Fire on Table Mountain

I was saddened to read about the wildfire on Table Mountain. I hope that any posters that live there or thereabouts are safe.

Quote:

A wildfire on the slopes of South Africa's Table Mountain has spread to the nearby University of Cape Town campus, forcing the evacuation of hundreds of students, officials say.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-56793317

I like Cape Town and I particularly like Table Mountain. Back in 2005 I was completely unprepared when I climbed it the first time up the Platteklip Gorge - I didn't even have a bottle of water with me. :o

When I returned with Mrs Don in 2017, we took the ascent more slowly and were much better prepared although our views on this occasion were spoiled by the table cloth. We walked back to the centre of the city through the suburbs which I think have been destroyed by the fire.

AIUI the Western Cape has been very dry for a very long time. Water saving measures were in place back in 2017 (the car hire place apologised for not washing the car) and I don't recall reading about them being lifted to any great extent.


via International Skeptics Forum https://ift.tt/3sBBaYM

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire