dimanche 28 avril 2019

How can social media tackle more false news more quickly?

Yeah, yeah, everyone loves to moan about Facebook and social media, but if Facebook (or Twitter, Instagram, etc) shut down, they'd just moan about the next biggest thing.

If you think the big social media platforms are doing it wrong, what can you suggest would make good rules and methods for platforms for sharing information with friends and groups that wouldn't spread harmful or false information?

I thought I'd ask in here, since we have a rather special group of people with mostly a long education in online discussion, and in combatting false news and harmful behaviour.

I'm aware that I may be asking a group biased against "social media" because many choose to post in here instead, but I have no data to reflect actual numbers/opinions.

I think "social media" is a buzzword people often use to get a negative reaction. I also think that online discussion forums are the "social media" in comparison to email, which was the "social media" before telegrams, snail mail, stage coach, etc.

I think ISF is a valuable part of the global critical thinking community, and our members' experience could reveal suggestions that may not have reached the wider public's consideration.


via International Skeptics Forum http://bit.ly/2UKXrlF

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire