jeudi 18 avril 2019

haveibeenpwned

I just became aware of this web service recently. As far as I can see, it is from a reputable source and safe to use.

Over the years there have been many data breaches that have been reported. Some are system intrusions, and others are lists that just popped up on hacker websites. These lists include information such as user name, email addresses, passwords (sometime plain text, sometimes encrypted), real addresses, bank info, etc...

The website https://haveibeenpwned.com/ will tell you if a particular email has appeared in any of these lists, and if so, which ones and when the breach took place.

My gmail account is clean, but my very old hotmail account shows up in 10 of those lists. :(


I did have an incident around 6 years ago. A charge for a purchase in the Microsoft store was on my Paypal account. I requested ip@ info for the transaction from Paypal and since it showed the purchase was made from Rio De Janeiro and all my other Paypal transactions originated in Toronto, they reversed the charge.

Pretty sure that issue started with my hotmail account being compromised.


via International Skeptics Forum http://bit.ly/2VXWI2g

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire