lundi 29 avril 2019

Have I crossed the line into curmudgeon?

I am a vigorous supporter of the New York Giants NFL football team. The Giants recently drafted a small school corner back with their 6th pick. What a day for him. That night he goes to an off-campus party and gets shot and his best friend who also is on the football team gets killed. I post on a Giant supporter website very similar to this forum. I felt appalled that a few people posted to the affect that the Giants should have vetted him better without having any knowledge of the details of the shooting.

Today the kid posted this on twitter.

Quote:

God gives his toughest battles to his strongest soldiers. I love you forever. Thank you for being a true friend who uplifted me, corrected me when i was in the wrong, and accepted my flaws. Thank you for being a brother to me. Thank you for letting me experience your life

My initial reaction is does god need soldiers? Soldiers don't use reason as their weapon. Soldiers use weapons as their weapons. When I think of myself in a potential firefight I see god's army as standing opposed and the believers in the first amendment standing at my side. This guy's tweet angered me for using a warlike metaphor for his dead friend. Not that long ago this tweet wouldn't have bothered me in the least. I had a more forgiving philosophy. Stuff has happened to me I will share sometime but I'm curious if I've become ******* crazy.


via International Skeptics Forum http://bit.ly/2ZJcMqP

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire