mercredi 24 février 2021

So I need a new TV

My old one is 10 years old and makes a fritzing sound then reboots. On the positive side, I'd like to write a thank you note like Jimmy Fallon:

"Thank you, Samsung, for returning me to the nostalgia of the 1970s, when you hadda whonk the TV to get it to work."


Anyway, do modern TVs require Internet, so they can spy on me? Or do they all have good old HDMI inputs, which my cable box emits?

And I have Netflix. If it has built-in Netflix handling, I assume that needs Internet as well. But does the TV spy on my Netflix and report back to the TV maker?

If so I will just stick with the computer, so only Netflix, Google, and Microsoft know what I'm watching. Or Verizon on my phone.


via International Skeptics Forum https://ift.tt/3aPF2zu

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire