mercredi 24 février 2021

Anyone know how HTML 5 video works?

I think that's what it's called.

I have an Android tablet, and after 3 years on contract (only 2 required), I cancelled the contract, only intending to use it to watch videos over home wifi.


Unfortunately, when my contract ran out, app-based videos all started failing, though stuff through a browser worked (Big Brother Live Feed, LiveLeak). But stuff on apps didn't. Netflix, YouTube, AMC app, some others.

They run for a few seconds to a minute, then start jumping back (Netflix) or just stop playing the video at all (YouTube).

As far as I can tell, it's either trying to call home to Verizon and the account is cancelled, to verify you are a legitimate viewer somehow. Or maybe it's spyware from them buried in a contract or someone else.

Anyway, who understands this and knows what to do?

I've tried uninstalling HTML 5, but Google Android won't let me. And these apps will not let you work through a browser even if set to desktop mode.

Several times I've gone into the boot mode and re-loaded the entire factory OS, but problem not solved. Presumably this is the Verizon load.

I've found pointers to generic reference OS loads for my tablet (a Samsung) but they aren's on a Samsung site, so I'm scared to try it.


via International Skeptics Forum https://ift.tt/3km7WdV

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire