vendredi 19 février 2021

AD Question

Folks, I have a question. I'm having bad luck googling it because of the difficulty in explaining it in just a few words.

We have 2 trusted domains with 2 DCs in each and connected by a point-to-point VPN. We have an Exchange Server in my domain, and have linked mail users use my Exchange Server, but need to authenticate to their local domain in theirs.

Sometimes, when the point-to-point VPN is down, they are unable to log into their email because the exchange server in my domain can't authenticate them on their domain--it of course can't find their domain controllers. That includes OWA from their homes, which is a big hassle during longer outages.

one solution I was thinking about was adding a domain controller for their domain in my domain, so that when they have internet access at least but the point-to-point is down, my exchange server can authenticate them from their DC on my domain.

1. Does my situation make any sense?
2. Is it possible? (I know how to add DCs to an existing domain, just never like this)
3. If possible, is it stupid?


via International Skeptics Forum https://ift.tt/2Zyx9Ig

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire