jeudi 12 décembre 2019

The things you eat, prepare, and cook to eat when you eat a vegan diet

I've now been eating vegan food for 2 weeks.

Well, not counting the last of the lactose-free yoghurt I realised was still causing issues so it's not just a lactose intolerance.

Instead I have my breakfast include yoghurt made from coconut milk.

I may have had some things which say on the label, "Prepared in an environment that also prepares food containing meat, dairy, egg" or whatever", or "May contain traces of xxxx".

I'm not a homeopathic vegan. :D

But the amount of food I need to buy in packages is far, far less.

And I can eat and graze all day, and always feel full.

In fact, I lost 35 kg about 5 years ago by counting/logging kilojoules in my food using My Fitness Pal (app and website).

I've stayed within my goal weight range ever since.

However, this week, my moving average daily weight has dropped 2 kg.

Possibly largely a drop in stress hormones (not just from the worry about having to say I don't want meat) but also *TMI* a healthier digestive system.

Instead of having to usually keep an eye to stay at my daily/weekly kilojoule limit, I've been a bit at a loss of what else I feel like so I get enough kilojoule intake - despite having lots of energy!

Avocado, and also and nut (pistachio, almond, peanut today) butters to the rescue!!!

Also been grabbing some pecans and cashews.

Do you know how many calories are in those? Those were things I'd have to ration out if I wanted to keep some kilojoules for some chocolate or some sort of fries or crumbed fish.

30 grams of nuts was like a weekly treat the day I'd had a long Sunday run.

Nuts are soo good for you. They lower bad cholesterol by raising good cholesterol, and all that crap.

They fill you up, they're a bit oily so they don't need sugar or added fat, and they're fun to munch.

Note, I sometimes use the words "calories" and "kilojoules" interchangeably - in language, not logging food. :D.


via International Skeptics Forum https://ift.tt/2sjd6QV

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire