vendredi 20 décembre 2019

Google ReCAPTCHA

Am I the only one on the web that hates Google ReCAPTCHA? You know, "Click all the images that have TRAFFIC LIGHTS"?

I HATE them! I hate the fact they're so damned ambigious. Is a square where there is only a little bit of the flange of the light fixture supposed to be clicked on not? What about the pedestrian cross-walk light? Or the teeny-tiny set of lights three blocks down the road that you can just barely make out?

And then you get another. And another. AND ANOTHER! Sometimes I've had to solve up to eight of them before I get a "pass."

One comment I read on Slashdot, albeit unconfirmed, is if you get too many wrong Google will tell the website "this is a robot" but still continue to give the user challenges. If this is true, then if you get challenge after challenge you don't know if you should continue solving them or if you should just give up, clear everything out, and try again.

Two other things I hate about them. First, Google is using my labour, without compensation, to train their image matching AI. One of the richest companies on the planet and they're making people work for them for free. Secondly, there are other ways web site developers can manage spurious blog comments and robot signups without having to resort to pissing on their visitors.

And don't tell me that I should just not bother visiting the site. All too often I hit these damned things in order to sign up to a site to report bugs in their products, or to get access to services that pretty much only that site offers.

And finally, the sites that are using the ReCAPTCHA simply don't seem to care. Google sure as hell doesn't care about me getting pissed off at then, and any site that I've contacted about their use of it, whether I'm polite about it or impolite, usually simply ignores my complaint.


via International Skeptics Forum https://ift.tt/2riVi8m

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire