jeudi 26 décembre 2019

[Actioned] Android wont stop auto-updating the OS...

... and I'm thinking "will it blend?". :(

Pretty pissed at it by this point. Newly activated cheap year old stock for TracFone, did an OS update. Damn 560Mb and quite an install/update but I figured... what the hell, get it done.
That was a week ago. Now... up to several times a day (yes... a day) it grabs what would seem to be a small update (given the speed of the progress bar as it finishes and later installs) then all but nags me into accepting a shutdown/reboot and 5 minute install.
I had every option I could find turned off, searched it online and the only answer boiled down to activating the dev options and turning off auto OS updates there.

Done and done... no joy. :(
Just had a YT & Hulu session interupted for the second time... today. AGAIN. :(
What say ye... deeper dive into the sys parameters? Or a glitch in the initial update d/l? Can this damn OS really need multiple little updates day after day?

(I ask that because my other two Androids are both years old and underpowered enough that neither ever had any updates available... this is new to me.)


via International Skeptics Forum https://ift.tt/2t6hqn2

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire