samedi 28 décembre 2019

How Reliable is CreditKarma?

I don't really use credit, but I figured that it is time to get with the program. I decided to start by checking my score with CreditKarma.

I was prepared for it to be completely atrocious, mainly because I was a complete ass when I was 18-19, didn't pay some things (although I believe they were mostly medical bills), and I have had a bank account closed in not good standing in the past. Since then, I haven't really used credit at all, nor have I ever taken out any loans (other than for school, which is just within the past 2-3 years). So, it's the day of reckoning. I'm ready to see the damage I've done to myself and my reputation going forward.

I made a creditkarma account, and I don't know how, but I'm pretty sure they've given me the wrong report. It says I have a score of like 785. That isn't possible, because I did bad things and then I did NO things. How could I have that score? I couldn't, sadly. I wish.

How common is it for creditkarma to get someone's identity wrong in this way, and how can I get the correct report?

Thanks, and please don't be too hard on me. I know I'm bad at being a real adult. I'm trying to fix that.


ETA - I should add that I have had other bank accounts since the closed one without any problems. I have also never had an actual credit card; I've always used debit.


via International Skeptics Forum https://ift.tt/357L9Jo

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire