jeudi 27 juillet 2017

Homosexuality and the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

I want to talk about my experiences being a gay Mormon and living in Utah. First of all, I've come to the realization that the Church is not responsible for my misconceptions about my sexuality. I left activity in the church when I was about 21 and I developed a complex of feeling bad about being gay that the church didn't teach.

The church teaches that God loves all His children, regardless of their sexual orientation. The other Mormons have always shown nothing but love and acceptance towards me in all ways. I really appreciate the love they have shown me, today especially. In the past I have inferred that they condemned me and I even joked that they made me fill out a form in triplicate to masturbate!

I just want to say how much I appreciate the loving way my bishops and church leaders and other members have treated me over the years, and how wrong I was to imply that the church disapproved or hated me for my sexuality. I am proud to be a Mormon, a member of a church that teaches that homosexual feelings are okay.

bb


via International Skeptics Forum http://ift.tt/2v42k09

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire