mercredi 21 octobre 2020

Ethical Comparisons among Phone manufacturers: Is there a gold standard?

Hi everyone, I am being shamed for using an iPhone, and I could somewhat understand why. I was pretty sure that Apple do some dodgy things, right? So I wouldn't have been surprised to hear about their unethical practices.

BUT, when I had a quick look for things such as conflict minerals, environmental impact, use of child labour or other unethical labour practices, it seemed that Apple, while not stellar, was either no worse than almost any other company (with exceptions such as Fairphone), but actually better according to some reports by Greenpeace, or Amnesty International.

That said, I was wondering if there is some kind of up-to-date industry standard of ethical comparisons between the top companies such as Apple, Huawei, Xiaomi, Samsung, etc...

Thanks for any help you could provide.


via International Skeptics Forum https://ift.tt/31pSJ2U

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire