jeudi 29 octobre 2020

Edward de Bono and Lateral Thinking

Many years ago I became a believer in lateral thinking, and it killed my creativity by making me insecure about making creative decisions. In order to create, you need to constantly make intuitive decisions guided by your own whims and predilections. Otherwise, if you try very hard to suspend your judgment and explore alternatives, you can kill your intuition in a swamp of arbitrary second-guessing. Trial and error, failing and learning, are better choices than the ideas espoused by de Bono, because at least you don't freeze up. You can work and find yourself as an artist, but you can't navel-gaze the infinity of what's possible and find yourself, because you'll always be on the wrong side of actually doing anything. In short, there's no way to think your way beyond the mistakes you're doomed to make. You have to make the mistakes, and then move on.

What I'm asking for here are sources that I'm sure I've read not too long ago. I read somewhere that de Bono's stuff had never been supported by evidence, and was even debunked as nonsense, but I can't seem to find this now online.


via International Skeptics Forum https://ift.tt/31SZkU0

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire