dimanche 18 octobre 2020

Digitizing videotapes

Disclaimer: I'm a MECHANICAL engineer, dammit!

Situation:
We've been pulling a box or three a week out of the storage unit, my wife's objective being to get to the Christmas decor at the back corner, because of course that's where it is.
So one of the latest boxes had a bunch of what appeared to be home-recorded audio cassettes, which I was about to to chuck out until my wife started reading the titles and I realized they were 8mm video cassettes, from a couple of major vacations.
Target: Get them digitized, somehow. I'm fairly certain we still have the camcorder, much less so that it would work. If it works, can I play the tapes through some sort of video to USB adapter, using some sort of software? How much data does one of those hold? How much resolution would I lose?
I'm sure I can pay someone to do it for me, but I'm kinda cheap.
And then there are all the full size VHS ones. I've probably got that camcorder as well.
Proposal? Got any?


via International Skeptics Forum https://ift.tt/34amx5r

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire