mardi 1 octobre 2019

| PETA is absolutely useless | My letter to them |

Note before you read : This is my first post and I am only 14 years old so please forgive my brevity. Also, you can criticize me. I don’t have left-wing journalists to defend me like Greta Thunberg

My name is Aadil and Im 14 years old. Not old enough to pay taxes but old enough to say…

Your organization is hypocritical.

One of your main missions is to help animals, correct? PETA stands for “People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals”.

At the same time you’re saying this, you are also euthanizing, also known as killing, 80 percent of the animals you take in.[1]

This is so much that you can’t lawfully call yourself an animal shelter. You’re a euthanization clinic. Tell me, knowing this, if I or anyone else would really support an organization who kills thousands of animals a year.

You also try to spread misinformation. In this article here, 45 Signs You're a Vegan and Just Don't Know It Yet | PETA [2] , the writer tries to convince you you’re a vegan by answering a couple questions. Such as:

Would you sometimes hang out with animals rather than people?
How does this make someone a vegan? Because you like animals? I’d sincerely like to know.
Are you a feminist?
How is this in any way relevant to veganism? They’re two completely different topics.
Would you refuse to eat your dog?
Show me one person who wouldn’t refuse to eat their dog.
Do you support oppressed communities and recognize that supremacist viewpoints are whack?
Seriously?
Would you help a dog left in a hot car?
Just because I would help an animal that’s slowly suffering and dying doesn’t mean I won’t eat meat from a farm. And yes, my family gets meat from local farms.
Did your childhood BFF’s include your stuffed animals?
What?

Then at the end, you say this:
Not answering yes to half, or 1/3, answering yes to any of them.

In the footnotes is a link to one of the pamphlets that are promoted to children [3]



Some of you might be thinking this is fake and made by someone else, but it’s not.

PETA's Comic for Kids Takes Aim at Dads Who Fish | PETA [4]

From PETA’s official website, talking about how your Daddy kills animals.

you also promote violence against people, as well as killing animals.

Here’s a direct quote from PETA’s campaign manager.

"If we really believe that animals have the same right to be free from pain and suffering at our hands, then, of course, we're going to be blowing things up and smashing windows. For the record, I don't do this stuff, but I advocate it. I think it's a great way to bring about animal liberation, considering the level of suffering, the atrocities."

"I think it would be great if all of the fast-food outlets, slaughterhouses, these laboratories and the banks who fund them exploded tomorrow. I think it's perfectly appropriate for people to take bricks and toss them through windows. Hallelujah to the people who are willing to do it."
-- Bruce Friedrich, PETA Campaign Director, Vegan Campaign Coordinator, Animal Rights 2001 Conference, July 2, 2001

I’m sure that there are some people out there that support PETA, but you are highly misinformed.

Be honest with me, do you support them?


P.S. Couldn’t put sources here because I don’t have 15 posts (yet)


via International Skeptics Forum https://ift.tt/2oYdqTq

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire