samedi 13 juillet 2019

Is God condemned to be a passifier forever by science, ontology, logic etc.?

Is the source/common ancestor of all faith in God/Gods (I mean mostly in the sense of the so-called abrahamic religions' all-seer, all- knower type) to be identified as the primitive man's ignorance in front of his world; and the existence of even one (or more) a free-of-all-religions type therefore never to be entertained by critical thinkers and rejecters of the supernatural agents ?

I've lived the majority of my 48 years as a believer in the "all-mighty" (the allah version), and have been rightly blaming that faith (actually only what's built around it, not itself, and there stems my question from) for causing losses in multiple areas of my life, and after a long process I was able to ditch it and have been trying to recover from some of the losses. This recovery process somewhat kept me busy with by-now-attained goals (minus a familie) and I'm facing a potential long life that leaves me with still a lot of time to think about existential questions, (without worrying about global warming or WW3). But I submitted to the "fact" that it won't produce any satisfactory answer.

I see not much fun or purpose in life without the existence of an overseer of everything just like religious people do.
Especially in the conditions I've found myself at the moment, even a non-communicative 'invisible friend' gains a great value and this reduces my desire to upset religious people or even the deistic believers wherever I may be debating them. (Mostly in you tube comments).

I only miss this part of faith (an overseer of everything, even without intervention or afterlife) that I am not capable of getting back since the damages I got from what it facilitated i.e. religion, keeps my radar for superstition hyperactive.

Some years ago I bought the "Meditations" of Marcus Aurelius for only one reason: the last paragraph of it. When I saw it at the book store, as I often do looked at the last page and it struck me at the time.

Here's what it says :

"Mortal man, you have lived as a citizen in this great city. What matter if that life is five or fifty years? The laws of the city apply equally to all. So what is there to fear in your dismissal from the city? This is no tyrant or corrupt judge who dismisses you, but the very same nature that brought you in. It is like the officer who engaged a comic actor dismissing him from the stage. 'But I have not played my five acts, only three.' 'True, but in life three acts can be the whole play.' Completion is determined by that being who caused first your composition and now your dissolution. You have no part in either causation. Go then in peace: the god who lets you go is at peace with you."

Despite his dissociation from the known major religious doctrines, and despite his vagueness about his God, I still think his idea of God as a causal and overseer agent is coming from the Nile of primitive man's ignorance in front of his entire world.

Is there another way to think?
Is there any scientific or logical road block in the way to a faith in an intelligent agency for existence.
Or is it forever doomed to remain a mere pacifier that I can not put in my lips again ?


via International Skeptics Forum https://ift.tt/2ScKHVr

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire