mardi 30 juillet 2019

NRA, Grades and Trump

I belonged to the NRA years ago to obtain rifle range membership, then I let it slip. I find myself a member again as the only local gun club requires it. One thing that is consistent is the NRA's ability to consistently let me down in every way possible.

Anytime I've lobbied for a bill in Olympia I've tried to get the NRA to support it by sending their lobbyist to the hearings, but they never show. While they tend to send their regional representative to hearings when there is a gun ban proposal, they do not give us the time of day when a pro-gun bill appears on the calendar. When a police officer murders a black gun owner, the NRA comes an inch away from blaming the victim.

Their telemarketers keep pestering me about the Democrat menace in Congress but refuse to acknowledge the GOP menace in the White House. They also broke their promise to stop calling me.

This is not the real reason they suck though. :) As you all may know, the NRA gives grades to various politicians. Bernie is proud of his D; he wants to get an F in the future. Good for him.

Trump on the other hand still enjoys a favorable NRA rating despite the fact that he has grabbed more guns than any other recent president, favors seizing guns without due process and is appears to be eyeing more firearm restrictions. Trump even gets a warm greeting from the NRA crowd at their annual meeting. https://www.nraila.org/articles/2019...annual-meeting

So, do NRA ratings mean anything at all anymore? I think not.

Ranb


via International Skeptics Forum https://ift.tt/2MBdpPd

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire