lundi 31 décembre 2018

Sexual Abuse - Impact

I ponder about this issue. Why is it that children who have been abused apparently suffer so much trauma? Trauma and mental health issues that extend into their adult life? Never having experienced sexual abuse myself, although I had a couple of near misses, I wonder why the effect is so severe.

Children have been abused for centuries and it's been suggested, that paedophilia is not even abnormal or a disorder. A highly undesirable kind of sexual attraction but there it is. We know it's been around for a long time if we study history.

I wonder if the effect of being abused is exacerbated by societies and institutions attitudes. If a boy is abused by a Catholic priest for example, and given the Catholic Churches obsessive preoccupation with matters sexual, how much does this contribute to the trauma that follows?


via International Skeptics Forum http://bit.ly/2EXEOrr

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire