mardi 18 décembre 2018

Any natural history buffs / gentleman (or lady) naturalists out there

My retirement journey to figure out who I am and what I want to do with the rest of my life continues.

I've done microscopy, geology/minerology, astronomy, moon watching/study and lichen collecting.

I've realized its all coming under the umbrella of "Natural History". Ok maybe not astronomy depending on whose definition of natural history you use.

Lately I bought this massive book on natural history. It has made it all come together for me.

I'm enjoying studying and learning about all these things.
Whether its collecting and trying to identify conifer cones, dissecting flower parts and preserving their pollen on microscope slides, looking for new species of lichen, examining rocks from my tiny collection, photographing a plant or going out with telescope on a clear night to study the moon.
I feel content doing all this. Perhaps because in my former life (systems analyst) everything was so rigid and technical.
I was never a biology guy, even in school. Now I am loving it.
There is a whole new world out there and I am loving the learning process.

Anyone else?

BTW the awesome book I am working through:

Attached Images
File Type: jpg natural-history-book-open.jpg (33.7 KB)


via International Skeptics Forum https://ift.tt/2S7uakF

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire