vendredi 28 décembre 2018

Hermann Plauson's electricity from thin air

As most of you know I am often digging through old ideas for alternative energy as a way to help mitigate AGW. I posted about the Trompe a while back as one technology that would be feasible to revisit. In fact in India, there are vehicles being developed that run on compressed air. It's an old tech that could be made new again, and if paired with a trompe they would be extremely economical.

Well this new one I just discovered is an old invention made by Hermann Plauson back in the early 1920's, and never really taking off because coal power plants filled the role.

Now with all the issue surrounding coal, is this something that could be revisited?

When I started reading it all my woo detectors started going off. But it could be that I am just thrown off by archaic tech lingo. Is this complete woo? Or is it really possible to extract meaningful current from atmospheric static electricity? I mean short of the catastrophic lightning bolt!:covereyes

Hermann PLAUSON

Conversion of Atmospheric Electricity


via International Skeptics Forum http://bit.ly/2EP18Tg

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire