mardi 11 décembre 2018

How did you choose your students?

I am an 8th grade Science teacher. In my interactions with both HS and Elementary teachers we all find that we cannot understand how the others can teach “that age.” What I have come to think is that teachers very early in their career find that age group they feel most comfortable teaching and stay there. I think this is especially true of MS and HS teachers where they can move between the two levels, but almost never do once they have been teaching for any length of time. Elementary teachers, at least in CA are mostly limited to the k-6 grades, but even there tend to stick to general groupings: k-3 and 4-6 in my experience, and don’t like moving out of their preferred set.
I am wondering, those that teach, or have taught, how did you decide what level you wanted to teach at. Probably more directed at MS and HS teachers, as it is subject specific and the choice of grade level is open, though subject specific, but also for Elem teachers where subjects are common, but grade levels are to some degree open to movement?


via International Skeptics Forum https://ift.tt/2QPbXLw

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire