vendredi 14 décembre 2018

belated Gmail data breach

Way back in 2009 or so I grabbed a disposable Gmail acct for getting on a forum. Otherwise I never use Emails for any other reasons.

As this was the only Email account I had penned down I used it again to sign into two more forums. The last one I actually had to look at the mail piled up to read a message.
There were 92 messages with the most from 2013 including a message from Gmail suspending my account saying it had been hacked and used by others. I never knew nor bothered to look.

Among the good stuff was a FedEx package could not be delivered I never ordered and a scam about how I was being looked up via the www and something had been added somewhere that was negative and would hurt me getting a job among other things. Of course they could fix it.

The other crap was sales pitches and online sex crap by the dozens of all flavors. Lots of failure to respond messages to everything and by 2016 it all stopped. I honestly had never looked at the inbox until recently.


via International Skeptics Forum https://ift.tt/2BlQWhK

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire