samedi 25 novembre 2017

Windows 10 is great, but its networking is crap

I hated Windows 8 (and the indecent haste with which MS superceded it with Win 10 is a pretty sure admission that the users who hated it were right)

I like Windows 10 but I am having a LOT of trouble getting two computers to communicate. I'll explain my problem and ask if any of the computer savvy members here can spot anything I haven't thought of.

I am trying to network two computers

A Desktop Win 10 Home, 32 bit - Computer Name HOME.
A Laptop Win 10 Home 64 bit - Computer name LAPTOP.
Both computers are on WORKGROUP

Both are connected via a Wifi Router using network cables

I have set the following sharing settings on both computers in Control Panel>Networks and Sharing Centre>Change Advanced Sharing Setting

Network Discovery (Private, Guest and Public) - ON
File and Printer sharing (Private, Guest and Public) - ON
Allow Windows to manage Homegroup connctions - ON
128 Bit encryption - ON
Password Protected Sharing - OFF

Also, I have shared one drive with the same settings on each computer, and set all the user permission to full access for everyone.

I should also point out that NO passwords of any kind have ever been set up on either computer... you switch them on, they start up, bypassing all login screens and go straight to the desktop.

I have literally pulled the pants down on both computers, yet every attempt to access one computer from the other fails. I use a shortcut with a target of \\HOME from the Laptop (or \\LAPTOP from the Desktop) and I can see the computer and its shared drives on the network, but as soon as I double-click on the shared drive, I get this...



Any suggestions would be appreciated.


via International Skeptics Forum http://ift.tt/2zlstqr

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire