jeudi 26 mars 2020

What Are Trump Supporters Saying about Covid-19?

I've lost my access to most right wing media.

I don't go to the gym anymore, so I don't see TV news. I never watch it at home. No Fox, to see stupid directly, and no CNN, to see them quote the right wing.

I used to listen to the radio yappers, but only in my car. I don't drive anywhere any more. My commute consists of going from my bedroom to the makeshift office I've set up in my family room.

I do read the National Review site periodically, but those people aren't exactly Trump's base. Their commentaries on Covid 19 haven't been glowing with praise for Trump. There's some occasional half-hearted defense, and some overall philosophy, but they aren't praising Trump for his actions.

So, I see that President Trump is pretty popular right now, but I have no idea why,

What I want to see in this thread is examples of what people are saying if they actually like Mr. Trump as President, and think he's doing a heck of a job. I'm trying to grasp how this situation could exist. So, I would like people to post here examples of pro-Trump tweets, editorial excerpts, anything that you can find saying why Mr. President is really doing a bang-up job when it comes to this epidemic.

And if a few of our residents wish to share their own thoughts on the subject if they happen to think Trump is doing it well, feel free, although I can understand why they might be reluctant to do so. I think this particular place tends to be a bit hostile to Mr. Trump, or anyone who admits to supporting him.

There are two requests I will make of participants. First, please do not post the craziest of the crazy. For example, I've read examples of white supremacists saying that we should go out and start coughing on Jews and negroes, but I'm looking for things a bit more main stream. Second, try to refrain from posting things that you think Trump supporters are probably saying. Limit yourself to things they are actually saying. It's ok to say, "One guy I saw of facebook said.....", but not "Those guys will just say...…"

For the last three years, I've been following what goes on in this country and what people say about it. I know that I often interpret things differently than many here. However, in this particular case, I am utterly baffled. I'm trying to figure out what people are actually saying, and, if possible, what they are thinking.


via International Skeptics Forum https://ift.tt/2UC708F

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire