vendredi 27 mars 2020

Retirement savings

How are your’s holding up?

I must admit I paid no interest to mine during the GFC, but not so now.

Australia has a compulsory employer paid superannuation system where there is currently a 9.5% payment of annual salary into your fund. The average return over the past 10 years has been about 7%, and last year 15%.

I still have enough to retire, but.....

This year will be a train wreck. I moved my superannuation investments into cash, but have seen a 8% loss before the move happened. So I will hopefully avoid further losses, realising I have locked in a loss, but will move back into a more positive investment strategy when the market recovers.

So a couple of questions. Has my move to cash been wise? And how are your investments holding out?


via International Skeptics Forum https://ift.tt/3apZRyK

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire