jeudi 12 mars 2020

American jobs sent to other countries

I used to work in a circuit breaker manufacturing plant and I was a timekeeper there. To me the job was horrible and extremely nervewracking. I almost had a breakdown. I was working ten hours a night till 2 A.M. and on Saturday till midnight. The presses were dangerous and I saw two amputations while working there.

I eventually resigned from this job and the two weeks' notice was the longest two weeks I have ever spent in my life. I saw people work out the door of this plant and never come back. Looking back I don't blame them.

After many months of overtime work, I found out after I left that the plant closed down with the situation being this. The workers would be laid off and collect unemployment for six to eight months and then start back on their six-day a week job.

I hated my time with this company but they did offer benefits and a salary.

I often wondered what happened to this plant as the original plant building was closed. Who made circuit breakers now? I found out they had gone to Mexico.

I don't envy the workers there. Working them those long ho9urs with a much smaller salary and probably little or no benefits does not translate into a good work environment.


via International Skeptics Forum https://ift.tt/2wTXK7u

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire