mardi 12 mars 2019

UFO Attack!

Skeptic friends, help me out here. I know there's a logical explanation.

Sunday night, I was minding my own business at home, when the power abruptly went out. No storm or rain or high winds were occurring, so I hoped it would just be a blip. I went and looked out the window - houses and streetlights were all dark. As I stood there, the ENTIRE SKY suddenly lit up. I mean, it lit the hell up. It was like some god flipped on a massive fluorescent light switch.

So I'm startled as hell, trying to figure out if this was dry lightning or something, when the ******* sky was illuminated again with something unlike anything I've seen. It was a blue explosion - I don't know how else to describe it. I didn't hear any sounds this whole time, but it genuinely looked a blue nuclear explosion in the sky. I saw a sort of mushroom cloud, almost. A big blue mushroom in the sky. I know that's a stupid way to describe it, but I truly can't think of another.

I was convinced it was the apocalypse and ran hysterically to pound on my neighbor's door. My neighbor, however, could probably sleep through an actual nuclear bomb. He'd been dozing, hadn't seen anything, and just didn't seem that concerned despite my obvious upset. Obviously phones and internet were out. I didn't see people flooding out into the streets or anything. So, hell, I just went home and peered nervously out the windows for awhile. I didn't see anything else. About 30 minutes later, the power came back on.

I checked the next day. Nothing in the news, nothing on the electric company's website. Nothing even on the local subreddit. I did some googling "blue flash in the sky," "blue explosion power outage" and the like. I came up with a few videos of some power surge event that happened in New York once, but I honestly can't tell if it's the same kind of thing I saw. I was so startled, the memory is already wonky.

So, what was this? I know it wasn't an alien UFO, although that's the explanation my woo-loving friends prefer. They think I had a close encounter. I'm more concerned I'm seeing things!


via International Skeptics Forum https://ift.tt/2TL7lHM

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire