mercredi 20 mars 2019

CD/DVD drive intermittently won't eject

This one has me stumped

On a Win 10 desktop computer, a reasonably good quality CD/DVD (an LG DVDRam) sometimes will not eject either manually with the button or using the mouse in ThisPC or automatically at the end of a burn process. I have to use a straighten paper clip an insert it into the small hole on the front to force eject - and on some occasions I have to so this, when I try to close the drive tray, it doesn't close automatically and I have to push it all the way shut.

Here is what I have tried

1. Another brand new CD/DVD - same problem

2. Swapping it with another known good drive
a. problem only happens in this computer
b. swapped out drive works fine in another computer
3. Loosening the mounting screws to the point of the drive being loose

4. A different power supply cable connector (one of the spares on the power supply)

Anyone have any ideas what the hell is going on here?


via International Skeptics Forum https://ift.tt/2FrRfe5

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire