dimanche 4 juillet 2021

So tell me about Ubuntu

Recently a decent spec'd used budget laptop was given to me - it's Windows login info and product key / digital license are lost and unrecoverable per its previous owner. Seems its previous owner believes that I'm savvy enough to recover the lost credentials somehow - I'm not and I have no idea how he came to believe that, and I'm no longer inclined to find out if that's even possible after a mind-numbing web-search.

So tonight purely on a whim, I wiped out Windows 10 and installed Ubuntu 20.04 LTS and am currently familiarizing myself with the environment, with the help of a frosty adult beverage or two. Install was fairly straightforward and went without a hitch. The machine lives.

I'll have many questions of course but maybe I can cover all of them by asking just one -

What would you, the Linux expert, do next after the install? Any tips, tweaks, apps and info would be most appreciated.


via International Skeptics Forum https://ift.tt/3jJ50cY

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire