mardi 6 juillet 2021

My Haunted house and ghost theory put to the test

Here in Conyers where I live there is an alleged haunted house. It was built in the late 18th century and it is very large. It is two stories high but the very large attic might as well a third story. It is often unoccupied and almost all of the people which have had offices there or a Antique or restaurant there have reported spectral activity with one women allegedly seeing a ghost that unnerved her so much she was briefly hospitalized.

Ok I have a Jewish friend who not only does not believe in ghosts he pooh poohs the very idea. I agree with him but I do have my theory. A large enclosed area in mankinds developemental stages were rare and always occupied. I believe humans as a survival mechanism have been genetically wired to subconsciencly believe such an area is occupied either by animals or humans.

Ok the house becomes unoccupied and I see an open door. I call my skeptical Jewish friend to explore this large spooky old house.

Exploring around the lower floor no spectre appeared. Going up the stairs was another matter. The steps creaked all the way up.

Ok reaching the top floor we looked around seeing nothing. Them a door slammed hard. It scared the both of us. Going to the door no one was there but I attributed the event to an air current mixed with a slight slant of the floor. I was going to say something when the stairs started creaking. Thinking someone was coming up the stairs I was a bit scared but not because of a ghost I thought the owner of the house might not like us being there. No one was on the stairs. I think what happened was the step we walked on were pushed down by our feet and they were creaking back up again.

Milton S my Jewish companion was getting unnerved. He balked at going to the attic.

Its all psychological. Big enclosed places are supposed to be inhabited. To be in a house this large where no one occupies did not used to happen. We people such places with our minds.

A Mexican law firm now occupies every nook and cranny of this house and no reports of ghosts.


via International Skeptics Forum https://ift.tt/3xpuC2k

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire