samedi 10 juillet 2021

Grumble grumble, I don't want my g-mail automatically on my phone!

Bastards! Apps are being installed on my phone without asking me. OK, I could ignore that. But now my friggin g-mail showed up on the phone. And of course that adds to my online time on the phone, again without my permission.

I'm sure a lot of you (most) use your phones to check your email. I don't unless I'm traveling and I haven't traveled in a while. And you can open your mail up when you want to do that, it doesn't need to be automatic. :mad:

I disabled a bunch of stuff because there isn't an option to just stop linking to my g-mail. The Google designers know full well they are making stuff confusing so you don't turn **** off*. Well **** that. I had to search for how to turn the bloody thing off. I think I did it right. I don't want to email myself to find out. I'll just see what happens.


*I know this for a fact because my son who works in the tech industry told me they test stuff for just this quality. If you can't find the X to close a window, that's why. If you wonder why it was easier the last time to find the X and now they moved it, or turned it very light gray, or it doesn't show up right away... those are things they tested not to make it easier for you but to make you look at that stupid popup for one extra second.


And about those click-bait news headlines, and the click-bait topic referred to will be buried a dozen paragraphs down, what the **** do they get out of that? Whether you are interested in the actual story or not you have to click on it to find out. What's the point except padding their 'views'? No point, just padding views. Bastards!


via International Skeptics Forum https://ift.tt/3r3q7sc

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire