mardi 13 juillet 2021

Why did we turn Afghanistan over to the Taliban?

This article states that The Taliban is taking territory in the wake of NATO's withdrawal. This isn't just a U.S. issue. Many of us on this board belong to NATO countries. I'm assuming we followed, just because the U.S. is the big gun, but why are they out?

Another article said that Biden feels a total takeover by the Taliban isn't inevitable. I assume our leaders have access to much better intelligence than that held by the public. The last president didn't seem to care about intelligence, but what intelligence does the current president have that I don't?

My assumption, living through my country's commitment over the years (even serving during the early years - I knew others, but didn't go myself), with no public info to the contrary, is that we ARE turning it over to the Taliban.

Somebody here please, please, PLEASE change my mind.


via International Skeptics Forum https://ift.tt/2T6EajW

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire