vendredi 16 juillet 2021

Efficacy of Vaccination.

As a person of limited medical science knowledge I am puzzled by what I read about the different vaccines and their efficacy.

What I read about the covid vaccines suggests to me, that they do not stop the vaccinated from being infected, but stop or lessen the severity of the effects of the disease. This is contrary to my previous understanding of how vaccines work.

I was always given to understand, that if vaccinated and exposed to a virus, your antibodies would slaughter the nasty germs, and you would be rid of them. If the effect is just to lessen the severity of the virus effect, then do you still have those germs in you, so that you can pass them on to some other dude?

The above seems contrary to the notion that we can achieve herd immunity and the effectiveness of vaccination to achieve this.


via International Skeptics Forum https://ift.tt/3BeUgcH

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire