samedi 16 mai 2020

Covid Database

I'm creating a database for capturing data surrounding covid-19. There are many organizations that have implemented such databases, but there are some features I'd like that I don't see elsewhere. (Also this is a cabin fever skills refresher, so I'm glad to invest the time.)

Features I intend to include:

* able to store data at Country, State, and/or Subdivision (e.g. County) granularity
* use standardized codes for geographic keys
* implement numeric facts (e.g. Cases, Deaths) without schema change
* support multiple versions of the same numeric fact

I'm doing the project in MS SQL Server but I'm avoiding features specific to the product in case I want to port it to a different DB platform.

I'll be posting here as I progress and I welcome feedback.


via International Skeptics Forum https://ift.tt/3fO28XI

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire