mercredi 20 mai 2020

Beechcraft lands on Interstate 470

FAA investigating after plane lands on eastbound I-470 Tuesday afternoon

Quote:

"At approx. 2 p.m., a pilot was making his final approach to land at the Lee’s Summit airport when he experienced sudden engine failure in one of two engines," the MSHP said on Twitter. "The pilot landed on the nearby roadway of I-470 between Douglas and Colburn. No one was injured."

The FAA said the plane was a twin-engine Beechcraft BE50.

"A twin-engine Beechcraft BE50 made an emergency landing this afternoon on Interstate 470 near Lee’s Summit, Mo., after the pilot reported a loss of engine power," a statement from the FAA said. "No injuries were immediately reported on the ground nor by the pilot. The FAA will investigate."
Airport data and layout can be seen here:
https://www.airnav.com/airport/KLXT

Wind conditions were something like ENE 6mph.

Landed in eastbound lanes here, with Douglas exit behind them, Colbern ahead. Airport is just to the North. Seems like runway 11 or 36 were options (about the same amount of mild crosswind).

I'm not an air crash investigator, but despite all the accolades for pulling off a crazy landing, I suspect someone is about to lose their license.

Not even sure I respect the landing all that much either, they barely caught paved surface with the undercarriage. The more I've dug, the less I think this is remarkable nerves and skill, more and more to sheer luck.

I'm glad nobody got hurt.


via International Skeptics Forum https://ift.tt/2yjn0Fo

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire